British Wrestling Awards
The BWA has in place a framework to assess the technical ability and progress of wrestlers in the UK. This framework is part of the England Talent Pathway and is intended to link to the UKCC coaching framework that has been running for a while. The colours of the Award Framework are in order of ascending difficulty.
The Award Framework is administered by Trevor Hoskins (email@example.com)
The Awards Framework consists of: –
- White Award
- This introduces the basic movement skills that are a benefit to wrestling.
- Coached by UKCC Level 1 and above; assessed by UKCC Level 2 Coaches.
- Yellow Award
- This has a basic set of 13 techniques that enable a novice to gain a basic level of wrestling technique.
- Yellow is intended to be the minimum technical requirement to attend England Regional Squads. Coached by UKCC Level 1 and above; assessed by UKCC Level 2 Coaches.
- Orange Award (minimum 3 months after Yellow Award)
- This is a more advanced set of 29 techniques that build on the skills acquired from Yellow.
- Orange is intended to be the minimum technical requirement to attend the National Talent Squad.
- Coached by UKCC Level 2 and above; assessed by UKCC Level 2 Coaches.
- Green Award (minimum 6 months after Yellow Award)
- Further progression of 26 techniques
- Coached by UKCC Level 2 and above; assessed by Regional Coaches.
- Blue Award
- Brown Award
- Black Award
The Award Framework is a set of skills that form the basis of wrestling. Wrestlers and coaches may have a wider set of techniques but it is to be expected that the wrestler should be able to perform the required techniques using both sides of the body.
The Awards Framework is an integral part of the Coaching Framework and all UKCC coaches are provided with a DVD and Coaching point booklet.