Welsh Wrestling has been busy reviewing our approach to Anti-Doping and we can probably best summarize developments as follows:
Anti-Doping: Bullet Points Regarding Our Activities in 2021/22
– The WWA website has been updated with a specific Anti-Doping page.
– Our Lead UKAD Educator has completed further training.
– Our Board Lead (Ian Wiggett) and Operational Lead (Sue Jones) have completed the required training.
– We have completed the UKAD framework and submitted evidence to UKAD.
– The WWA Board has discussed UKAD compliance and areas of risk within the sport.
– We have confirmed our Operational and Board Leads.
– We have participated in a Sport Wales workshop on antidoping.
– We have promoted UKAD Clean Sport material on social media.
– We have circulated the latest guidance and briefing material to clubs and members.
– We have circulated the latest guidance and briefing material to the national squad.
– Squad members have received briefings at GBR and Wales sessions.
– All WWA members agree to our Anti-Doping policy when they join (through the BWA portal).
– WWA (BWA) Membership Portal: members can upload to their profile as evidence.
In addition, we continue to work with the BWA Lead and with UKAD to ensure we are up-to-date with the latest requirements and guidance, and that our policies are compliant and fit for purpose.
Welsh Wrestling is committed to keeping the sport of wrestling clean and providing the guidance and leadership our participants and stakeholders expect.